Pages

Sunday 28 June 2009

The King of Infinite Coincidences!

Do you remember our first project which was based upon a quotation from Shakespeare? If not, you can read it again here.

Below is the project I made in response to Hamlet's line "I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space":

Now here's the weird coincidental element ..... we were in Borders bookshop yesterday afternoon and, while I was crouched on the floor of the Philosophy section flicking through a book on paradoxes ['cos that's the kinda girl I am] my other half drew my attention to this:


I swear that I had not seen this book cover when I made my project.

How incredibly weird is that? To be so very, very similar .... to have used the same head shape ... pointing in the same direction even ... with practically the same quotation?

A few weeks ago, on Radio 4, I heard a mention of phenomena such as this, where two people spontaneously and simultaneously produce similar inventions, works of art, pieces of music etc. I was really interested in the idea at the time ... and now I think I need to investigate it further!

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Ooer! Even the shape of the head is very similar. How very spooky. *goosebumps* Love hearing about things like this!

Anonymous said...

this is weird indeedy - king - infinite space - that you were actually on the floor when finding this book and also that you even heard about this happening on the radio?? i have there is no such thing as coincidence - thanks for sharing !!
andrea
in australia

Related Posts with Thumbnails