Pages

Tuesday 5 May 2009

1. King of Infinite Space

*COPY*: In search of something suitably inspiring to base our debut Copy & Paste projects around, I turned to my trusty, well worn, copy of Hamlet, and stumbled across this:

"I could be bounded in a nutshell
and count myself
a King of infinite space".
William Shakespeare: Hamlet Act II Sc2
...which led to this ...

*PASTE*: Julie's project =
I'm not certain whether you would consider it cheating though, that is: reading Shakespeare on the off chance you'll be inspired.

After all, reading Shakespeare cannot fail to inspire. It's like shooting inspirational fish in a barrel ...like taking enlightening candy from a baby who doesn't like sweets ... like....well, in short, it's a complete no-brainer [although that's possibly not a Shakespearean term, I'll have to check].

Materials used: Head Trinket Keepsake by Coffee Break Design from 3DJean; scrap of wrapping paper designed by Jon Burgerman; a Prima Marketing rub-on; crayon; white ink pad; Stickles; Blonde Moments pearl pigment powder.

...and it also led to this ... [make sure to click on the photo to see a close up of its gloriousness!]

*PASTE*: Kirsty's project =

"It wasn't until I came to photograph my take on the project that I realised quite how 'infinite' a space it inhabited. OK, maybe infinite is an exaggeration, but my paper and card nutshell managed to contain a surprising quantity of linen, thread and ink".

Materials used: Alphabet stamps from Banana Frog and Hero Arts;black inkpad; natural linen; DMC embroidery threads; and papers - Sassafras Lass and Amy Butler for K&Co.

So there you have it: a snippet of The Bard, a scrap or two of paper, a little linen, a squiggle of Crayola and a button. We hope you've found something you like amongst it all.

You're welcome to join in by sharing how you've copied and pasted your own responses to any of Mr.Shakespeare's words, not just the one we've focussed on here.

Feel free to leave a link in the comments and, while we may not have a prize for you, ... we can compliment, ooh and ahhhh, flatter, caress your artistic ego and make you feel kind of warm inside with the best of them.

Soon,

Julie ;)

11 comments:

Bev said...

Wow, two great designers and one new fantastic blog! I am sure it will be super. I of course expect to see some Banana Frog along the way :)

Shaina Longstreet said...

wow...loving the concept behind this and this first project!
<3

Julia Dunnit said...

Great great great! So happy to have found this! Congratulations and lossa fun. (And I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure it's ILLEGAL to NOT like chips).

Unknown said...

cool concept- love this idea, I may have to try this out!

Rosie said...

Eeep! Happy new blog you guys! I love the whole concept and can't wait to see what you two come up with. Rosie x

Leo said...

What a cute blog! I want a fabric dolly me! lol
xx Leo

Unknown said...

Good luck with the blog-I'll play along whenever I have time..

Scrapfaire said...

Fab projects!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Rose Ann said...

Wonderful inspiration!! Love both the projects ♥

Have a beautiful day!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

LOVE is my infinite space... ^-^ and thank you for inspiration!!
xoxo .ellee.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elleedreams/3566891779/

Related Posts with Thumbnails