Pages

Friday 22 January 2010

I'd Like to Copy: the 'Wallander' wall

Everything, and I really do mean everything about the style of BBC's Wallander series thrills me. The muted colour palette; the set design; the cinematography; the atmosphere; the costume choices; the wall painting in the police station .....

Oh my.

How I love that wall:

It reminds me of .... the Bauhaus style; of the work of Ben Nicholson and Paul Klee; of 1970s fabric designs and of geometric patchwork quilts.

And those things combined make for a very alluring work of art for me!

I really would like to *copy* it. Maybe there's a wall in my house which should be bracing itself for a new coat of paint, maybe I could recreate it on a canvas, or from paper on a layout or maybe it would suit a patchwork or freestyle cross-stitch project.

Or all of the above. Until I get around to creating one of those, I've made myself a Wallander-wall-inspired Flickr mosaic to feed my desire:

The 'Wallander' wall

It was incredibly hard to find images of the wall on the internet. Very nearly impossible.

In fact, it was almost as if there was no one else out there who's as madly obsessed with it as I am ....and surely that can't be true ....

Julie :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Been watching it for the first time this month. Love the cinematography, but never noticed the wall. Guess I was mostly listening as I crocheted. Bad Sarah.
Very "you" colours though :)

Julie Nelson Rhodes said...

I LOVE that wall and have also been scouring the internet trying to find it too: it is stunning and I will recreate it somehow somewhere someday!

pennydog said...

I referenced your post here, hope that's OK http://blog.pennydog.com/2013/05/31/wallander-top-completed/

Unknown said...

I am also looking for a good picture or who made that pattern. I can't wait for season 4 of Wallander, I'm sort of obsessed with it.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you will like Gio Ponti. A very similar image to the one you like on the Wallander wall is on the book cover:

http://www.amazon.com/Ka-Ponti-Graziella-Roccella/dp/383650037X

Enjoy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails